Tuna Nicoise Salad
Recipe by Lury Budde @ kitchen Budde
Tuna Nicoise Salad is filled with warm crispy potatoes, perfectly cooked tuna, hard boiled eggs, fresh green beans, Nicosie or Kalamata olives and salty little capers over a cold bed of lettuce drizzled with a white balsamic vinaigrette makes this a family favorite.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound red new potatoes thickly sliced into thirds
- 1 pound Baby Mixed Salad Greens, Washed and Dried
- 4 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Sliced
- 1 pound garden fresh Tomatoes
- 1/4 whole Red Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup Nicoise or Kalamata Olives, Drained
White balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh chives (freeze dried work well too)
- 1/3 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, Fresh Ground
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
White Balsamic Vinaigrette combine white balsamic vinegar, shallot, 1/2 teaspoon dill, chopped chives, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined.
- Preheat grill press to 450 degrees.
- Parboil the potatoes and green beans until just tender. Drain and set the beans aside. Mix potatoes with 3 tablespoons olive oil until potatoes are toss to coat.
- Place potatoes on the grill for 6 to 10 minutes or until scored and golden brown and tender on the inside.
- Meanwhile on a large bowl spread lettuce and top with hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, red onion, olives and green beans.
- salt and pepper tuna steaks
- Heat a panini or indoor grill (or heavy duty pan like a cast iron skillet until hot over medium-high heat). Add olive oil and place tuna steak cook for about 4 minutes until skin is lightly brown. (if using a skillet flip tuna steaks over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until tuna is cooked through and releases easily from pan). Be careful not to overcook tuna steaks.
- Slice the tuna steak at a diagonal into long strips. Place tuna over a bed of lettuce.
- Drizzle with White Balsamic Vinaigrette.