This is a great breakfast on the go or even a delicious snack. You will enjoy how surprisingly sweet the banana is. The wholesome goodness is hidden and makes you think you hit the jackpot with a sweet cookie.
Cranberry, Walnut, Banana & Coconut Breakfast Cookies
Serves: about 12 to 15 cookies
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon golden flax meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 small or 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil, warm enough to be liquid
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine oats, coconut, flax meal, salt, pecans, and cranberries. Stir in bananas, oil, agave nectar and vanilla until well combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop place mounts about 1 inch apart on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Press mixture into a 3-inch round cookie, continue with remaining mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Cool on pan.
- Store in zip top sandwich bags for quick breakfast on the go or in a container with the lid loose. The cookie will soften up after being stored but will still taste great like a bowl of cookies that is hand held.
Breakfast is the most important meal of your day especially if it’s cookies.