We are in full on spring time in Central Texas!
Fresh spring thyme.
Bay laurel and Pansies
Sage fresh with morning dew.
Radishes and Blue bonnets.
This is a decommissioned rail road behind our house the Blue Bonnets bloom here every spring like clock work. What a lovely show they put on it’s so peaceful here in the woods.
We have had so much spinach I know what a problem and we are loving it. This is just a quick throw together salad made with what the garden has to offer.
- For the salad 6 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup or more sliced strawberries
- 2 grilled chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper cooked on an oiled grill press
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
Place the spinach in a large bowl top with berries, avocado, walnuts and sliced grilled chicken and serve with dressing.
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Champlain vinegar or leftover Champlain (white wine works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Place everything in a mason jar or dressing bottle and shake until well blended. Serve with salad.
Enjoy spring summer is just around the corner.