This weekend was rainy and we took a ride to the local dairy farm store for a few staples. Milk, cream, fresh eggs and more but that’s a story for another time just wanted to share a few pictures from our wondering.
Saint Michael’s Cream Frosted Chocolate Guinness Cup Cakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup Guinness Extra Stout Beer
- Vanilla Bean Frosting (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F an line your muffin pans.
- 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in Guinness this is where you will freak out a little the batter is supposed to be very thin(it’s okay you will be happy with the moist results). Using a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop fill each paper liner with a full scoop of batter. This will make about 24 to 26 cup cakes.
- 3. Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with
- CUPCAKES: Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. Heat oven to 350°F. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 18 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.
Vanilla Bean Frosting:
About 16 to 26 Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Saint Michael’s Irish Cream Liquor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean past or extract
- Whip the butter, alternately add powdered sugar and Irish Cream, beating to spreading consistency this takes a few minutes on low-speed.
- Add small amount additional Irish cream if needed for a spreadable frosting consistency. Stir in vanilla bean paste or vanilla if using.
- Makes about 2 cups frosting.
If you want to make the pretty flower with your frosting it simple enough. You will need a decorating bag and a large star tip. Place the tip inside your decorating bag and fill with frosting swirl in a circle onto the cupcake.
Nothing in this world is as sharp as an Irish woman’s tongue.