This deep dish style pizza is a quick fix as far as pizzas go, no special equipment is need just an oven, sheet pan and bowl. You can mix the dough up quickly in a stand mixer or if you don’t have one just mix it with a spoon and a bowl. It’s deliciously filling and make a great lunch or dinner. I’ve made a lot of pizzas and this is the easiest as well as fastest I’ve made.
What you need:
- Oven preheated at 425°f
- sheet cake pan those 15 x 11 pans that have the 1 inch rim on them work best.
- large bowl
- large spoon for mixing or stand mixer
For the Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (115°f)
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour or all purpose
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons rapid rise yeast or one packet
Oil the pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil be sure to oil all the way up the side set aside.
To make the crust stir the crust ingredients together to form a slightly sticky, soft dough, (you can place everything into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix into a soft dough). Cover the bowl with a towel and let rise 30 minutes (I place mine in the microwave with the light on).
Place the dough onto the baking sheet. With a little oil on your hand work the dough spreading it out on the sheet. It will not stay in the corner yet let it rest covered for 15 minutes.
Press the dough out to the corners and spread the sauce over the dough just to the edge. Cover with cheese and pepperoni and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until cheese is golden and sauce is bubble.
For the sauce:
- 1-15 ounce can crushed tomatoes (I like the fire-roasted ones)
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning (William Sonoma has a great one so does king Arthur)
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 stick pepperoni sliced or 4 ounces pepperoni slices
Pizza is the ultimate comfort food…