Christmas snowball cookies
SERVINGS 36 YIELD 3 to 4 dozen
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp.
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
- Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Form dough into 1 1/4″ balls and place onto silpat, parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly; while cookies are still warm (but NOT hot) remove them from baking sheets and roll, a few at a time, in powdered sugar until evenly coated; cool cookies completely on wire racks.
- Cookies may (optionally) be rolled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temperature.
- NOTE: Forming dough into 1″ balls will increase yield to 48 cookies.