TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 8 to 10 minutes per batch
MAKES: 30 or so cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup safflower (vegetable or your choice of flavorless oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil, sugars and salt. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop small ice cream scoop that is 2 tablespoon size onto silpat or parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes then to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: about 5 dozen.
Set a goal that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning.