It’s spring and I have more lettuces than I know what to do with. Such a problem to have right! This salad can be made with fresh garden greens or the ones from the market. It taste great either way so enjoy the uplifting freshness of a great salad paired with fresh dressing.
Have fun and add some bacon and hard-boiled eggs to change things up a bit.
What ever mix of greens you have on hand will do the peppery lemon of this arugula is a great choice as well as the mesclun (which is another spicy blend) mix above.
This Tuscan blend has a great mix of seasoning that are just right for mixing a dressing when you don’t have fresh on hand. You can never go wrong with a hard-boiled egg on a salad.
I love this white balsamic vinegar I found it gave a very mild yet sweetness to the dressing.
Serves 4 as entrée or 6 as side salads.
- one 5 oz. clam shell box of zesty lemon arugula salad greens if using regular arugula squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon on the greens and toss.
- 1/2 a purple onion thinly sliced
- handful grape tomatoes
place lettuce in a bowl add the onions and tomatoes top with a hard-boiled or soft-boiled egg or hard if that’s your preference. Top with Tuscan dressing and serve.
- 1 Tablespoon Tuscan seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 white balsamic vinegar If you can’t find the white the regular dark will work too
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper or to your taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
Place the dressing ingredient in a salad dressing bottle or mason jar shake well blend.
Pour over salad and serve.