I love those go-to recipes that can be made over & over again for dinner! This simple & delish lasagna is a favorite in our house & I’m sure it will be in yours too!
layer the noodles and sauté vegetables with noodles.
I like to soak my egg-plant in salt water (1 teaspoon to about 4 cups). This takes away any bitterness and soften the flesh leaving you with a very mellow tasting egg-plant that fork tender.
We love egg-plant!
Saute your zucchini just until tender to the fork.
Family Favorite! Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 package lasagna noodles, cook to package directions
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar + 1 cup ( 32 ounces/4 cups) favorite marinara or tomato sauce
- 10 ounces fresh coarsely chopped spinach
- 16 ounces (2 cups) part skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces provolone cheese
- 1 small egg-plant sliced to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick soaked and sauté in olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini sliced to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick sauté in olive oil
- 8 10 10 portabella mushrooms sliced and sauté
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray a 13″ X 9″ casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the spinach, ricotta cheese, provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese & parsley. Season with some salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a skillet or sauté pan. Sauté mushrooms, egg-plant, zucchini, onion & garlic in a pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until softened & fragrant.
- Assemble the lasagna: Pour half the sauce into the pan. Layer on 5 noodles. Top with half of the cheese & spinach mixture. Repeat this: sauce, noodles, cheese. Top with another layer of 5 noodles. Top with the rest of the sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the lasagna in foil & bake for 20 minutes. Uncover & broil on low for 5 minutes. Cheese should be browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. This makes great leftovers too! Just let it cool, then store in an airtight container for about week, if it last that long in the fridge.
Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth….. Souza