Pasta Pie, as in pizza! I love a quick fix go to for those times when you’re not sure how or if dinner will ever make it to the table. This dish is one of those quick, easy, delicious and can even feed a crowd. The ingredients are staples in my kitchen all the time and they have saved me more than once. It also keeps you from order the old delivery pizza too. Toss a salad together and you have a tasty mean.
With the pasta as a crust and the topping, I love the gooey cheese and pepperoni topping. It’s a pleasing treat in the middle of the week or quick meal any time.
- Cook enough penne pasta for 4 servings rinse in cold water and set aside
- 1 jar of roasted tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups Italian 4 cheese blend
- Sliced pepperoni (put on as many as you like I use half a stick of boar’s head Brand)
- 8 to 10 sweet bell pepper trio chopped
- 1 can large pitted California olives sliced
- crushed red pepper to taste
Cook the pasta per package directions, while the pasta cooks chop your peppers and slice the olives. Spray 4 bowl plates with cooking spray add the cooked pasta, sauce, pepperoni, peppers, olives and top with the grated cheese. Cook in a 400° oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes if you can wait serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese add a salad and dinners ready.
“A writer should write with his/her eyes and a painter paint with his ears”. Pablo Picasso